IMC Literary Agency was founded in 2005 by Isabel Martí Castro in order to supply creative synergies between authors, illustrators and publishing houses. During these years, IMC has established itself as the most important Spanish agency in children’s books and YA literature while it has built a renowned fiction and non-fiction list representing outstanding essayists and novelists.
IMC is a proactive and dynamic initiative in constant search of new possibilities. Our activities span the following areas:
What we do:
- We represent prestigious writers worldwide.
- We are the reference company in Spain for children’s books and YA literature.
- We represent Spanish and foreign publishers around the world.
- We represent distinguished illustrators worldwide.
- We work with illustrators for children’s books, YA novels, textbooks and fiction and non-fiction.
Buildingbooks S.L. (BBK):
- We design customised content for promotional marketing.
- We create our own projects for all age ranges.
- We develop literary projects, educational and entertainment in both digital and physical format.
We are also involved in:
- As active members of the Spanish Association of Literary Agencies (ADAL), we are backed up by a respected entity that complies with good business practices.
- We take part in the jury of the International Literature Award Marta de Mont-Marçal, co-organised by Cavas Mont-Marçal, which aim to publish novels written by women.
Isabel Martí Castro
Managing Partner and literary agent
Jordi Carbonell Almirall
Managing Partner and Business Development.